Monday, September 22, 2008

I wish I was camping..

One of the things I was most looking forward to sharing with Petey is camping. Darryl and I usually make 2 trips a year and we're due for our fall trip, which means I need to start looking into booking our campground soon. Note that in Texas, you have to book WAY in advance to get some tent real estate at the good parks. So if we wanted to go in October or November, it's prime booking time.

However, I'm looking at my calendar and between now and December I have 2 free weekends. And there's been talk of an engagement party so that will probably take out one of those. I'm not complaining, in fact, I'm very blessed to have so many people who want to see me and spend time with me, but I will be so disappointed if we don't get to go.

I guess we could consider going in December but with the holidays, I'm cautious about pushing myself too hard. Maybe I should just throw caution to the wind, embrace the fact that I'm in my mid-20's and you're only young once, and just try to do it all? We'll see how that works...

No comments: