Monday, November 3, 2008

{Confession Monday}

My body rejects cardiovascular exercise.



Exhibit A: Asthma-I wheeze and gasp for air whenever I try to run or walk briskly uphill



Exhibit B: Exercise Induced Urticaria-fancy way for saying I break out in hives when I work out. Sometimes it's minor, but sometimes it's huge hives all over my quads. I'm literally allergic to exercise.



Exhibit C: Exercise Induced Migraines-I haven't had one since my 26th birthday, but they're humdingers. Just 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and 6 hours later I'm crumpled in the dark with the shower running over me, unable to stand or wash my own hair, trying not to vom.

1 comment:

Christy said...

You know, I would have found this hard to believe until I went to see an allergist this morning. He mentioned this very thing. Crazy. I can't imagine.