Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Flowers

I just met with my final florist for the wedding, here's where I'm at:

  • Flowers by Nancy, totally reasonable quote, which I promptly LOST and now have no way to compare to the others, also, they showed me no photos of their past work, the only thing I know of them was that the owner's daughter had her wedding at my venue and it was amazing. I don't hold this in too high regard as it was the owner's daughter. Of course it was amazing. Says nothing about how their average wedding looks.
  • Bouquets of Austin, I suspect she's the most accomplished designer, also the most expensive, they came recommended by my wedding coordinator and many other brides, clicked with her
  • Petal Pushers, my favorite going into this, love her designs, but I have heard some negative feedback from other parties. Very reasonably priced and I like her design style so I guess I'll go with her?
Other trauma I'm having is deciding if I want pink and white flowers, hot pink and light pink flowers, or just a mix of pinks. My own wedding makes me want to vomit. I hate picking out flowers, like I know throwing an extra $200 at the situation will get me better flowers but will I notice the difference, will I care?

So here I am, drinking, because flowers are both hard and obscenely expensive. I am enjoying some wine from Sakonnet Vinyards which I visited this summer. A little "Cock of the Walk" to take the edge off....

7 comments:

fu said...

ask the berner. if you need her email...holla.

~fu

uberBrides said...

Wouldn't it be cool if you could go to one place to see actual weddings at your venue with each of the different florists?

Someday...

Elizabeth said...

When in doubt, throw $200 at the problem. Has always worked for me.

Christy said...

Hey there! You've been tagged on my 101 blog!

Kate said...

uggggg picking a florist was my least favorite vendor choice... having to explain my "floral vision" was really tiring for some reason - maybe b/c we interviewed all 3 in one day - but hour after hour of chit-chatting about f*ing flowers? blech.

fu said...

the berner knows flowers; she used to be a professional florist.

~fu

GrosgrainBride said...

my wedding make me want to vomit sometimes too. then i realize the flowers (and invitations, handmade drink umbrellas, and the 1001 other random things I've invested in for the wedding) don't effing matter, you know?

And when all else fails, just throw some cash at it, that seems to be pretty effective too.