Thursday, November 20, 2008

Scenes From My Life

I really need to write a book. Today I'm sitting in my field truck watching some drillers who have managed to get their rig stuck in the mud. So they get their considerably smaller support truck and try to pull the rig out...unsuccessfully. There are 3 guys (in overalls), one pulling, one in the rig, one yelling from the sideline. Note that the pulling truck is about 4 feet from a big tree. I'm sitting there imagining the rig suddenly coming free and the pulling truck slamming into the tree with airbags flying. So thes guys are getting no where fast, yelling and swearing (liberal use of the F bomb) and finally their frustration devolves into "You're retarded!" "No YOU'RE retarded!" That is what we in the field call, entertainment.

1 comment:

Jill said...

hahahahaha i love it. i go out in the field a lot too and construction workers are doozies as well. oh the joys of sitting back and watching the entertainment...