Tuesday, November 4, 2008

{Weekend Recap}

Friday

Went down to 6th street pretty early in the night and saw a live band. Darryl and I went dressed as a cop and a donut.



Then we checked out this party being held in a loft over 6th, which was pretty neat because you had to get on the guest list and then go in this shady looking door on the side of Trinity. The place used to be someones loft that they are in the process of building out into a bar, so the ripped out walls added to the spooky decor.


Janet (Hannah Montana), Christine (Dorothy), and Me

We hit a few other bars and partied in a way I have not done in a long time, then D and I made a Taco C run and called it a night. E, this was a very unserious night*.


Saturday
Mild hangover, I haven't had one in a while, so I was like, ugh, why do I feel so whack? Then D reminded me we went to bed at 3:30 AM. Ohhh yeah....
Booked wedding florist, she was actually the most expensive person I met with, but I also felt the most comfortable with her. And a combination of hangover and general floral burn out/dreading the idea of meeting with anymore florists caused me to book her on the spot. In my defence, I did negotiate her price down $400 and convinced Darryl to pay for my $200 bouquet (I know, gag, flowers=highway robbery) in lieu of a wedding day gift.
Went to Halloween party at Kristen and Victor's. Seeing as I had partied so hard the night before, I offered to be Darryl's DD. This time, Darryl went as Homer. Below, we are enjoying a drink called "the Witch Doctor", complete with dry ice.

I also tried my hand at making some spicy BBQ wings for the party. I think they came out pretty well, a little greasy (not sure how to fix that?) but overall good.

3 lb Chicken wings

1 Bottle Kraft BBQ

1 1/2 ts Red cayenne pepper

1/4 ts Salt

2 ts Black pepper

1/2 ts Garlic powder

1 ts Onion powder

3 tb Worcestershire sauce

2 tb diced jalapeno

1 tb Tabasco

I rubbed the wings with some Tony Chacherie's creole seasoning and broiled them for 8 minutes. Then I added them to the crockpot, poured the other stuff over it, and let it cook for 4 hours on high.


Sunday

Raced for the Cure with our new little pooch, Ginger. She climbed into her crate for a nap while Darryl and I met friends for brunch. I spent Sunday afternoon doing some housework and giving our bathroom a major cleaning (scrubbed baseboards, etc). After much negotiating, I got Darryl to revisit Indian cuisine, something he'd decided he didn't like for the past 7 years. We went to this place in the Arboretum that I've been to before. They were hosting a late Diwali party so we got to see all sorts of people there in their beautiful saris and silk jackets. They were doing some sort of Indian karaoke. The owners came over and talked to us about Diwali, it was a very cool experience and Darryl loved the food! I think we'll be back!

*Look for a new tag on my post called "unserious things I've done". My friend Elizabeth of Musings of a Waspy Redhead and I have decided that in light of the economic crisis and the fact that we are older, have serious jobs and serious financial responsibilities, we are going to try and recapture a bit of our youth and be less serious.

No comments: