Monday, December 15, 2008

Couch to 5k, I bid you adieu


Well, it looks like I've given up on running for a while. My ankle is still hurting and I did a little interweb diagnosing and I'm convinced it's a phase I posterior tibial tendon issue. My new insurance card is on the way, and I'm contemplating going to see a podiatrist when it comes in. I'm just dreading it because I've read with phase I you can be put in a cast for 6-8 weeks (which is still better than surgery in the later phases). While I am no stranger to being physically disabled, in fact, I am one of the most experienced people I know and it is technically a good time for me to be laid up, I am pretty gun shy about being wrapped in plaster any time soon. But I guess I should go get it sorted out so I'm out of the cast in time for my bachelorette party in early March. And hey, I've heard they just put some people in walking casts and such, that wouldn't be so bad at all.

Yes, the card will be in at the end of the week and by the weekend I'll be 2 weeks in pain despite a reduced exercise load. Ugh.


1 comment:

Christy said...

Ouch, this makes me cringe. I hope you heal quickly! In the meantime, take it easy and hopefully it's not nearly as bad as it sounds.