Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Festivus for the Rest of Us!

December 23rd marks the celebration of Festivus, as depicted in the Seinfeld episode "The Strike". As is a tradition amongst my geology friends, we try to get together every year and throw down a little Festivus celebration. I typically host it and then drag my hung over body to work the next day. This year, we are opting for a dinner together at someone's house followed by a downtown celebration. Here's the main tenets (photos from 2006 Festivus celebration):

  • Festivus Dinner-Served at home, usually prior to the Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strength.
  • Airing Of Grievances-We all get around with a shot of Crown or our booze du jour and list one way we have been disappointed this year.
"I've got a lot of problems with you people."
  • Feats of Strength-Take a shot of whiskey, 'nuff said.
  • Festivus cannot end until the head of the household is pinned.
  • Festivus Pole-An aluminum unadorned pole, I really need to get one of these. Lord knows I didn't bother to put up a tree this year.
  • Festivus Miracles-minor coincidences that you make a big stink out of.
  • In lieu of gifts, donations are made to the Human Fund.




Christmas for some, Hanukka for others, a FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

haha awesome!

Victoria said...

hooray! happy festivus! :)

I had a festivus party last year and the airing of grievances got pretty heated. it was awesome.

tonight (coincidentally on festivus) I'm having a girls' holiday movie night. I'll make sure to schedule a time to watch "The Strike," too!