Dinner party last night=great success.
Here is the recipe for the Crabbies I made which were a huge hit:
- 8 ounces good white crabmeat, picked free of all shells
- 1 (5-ounce) jar Cheddar-horseradish spread (recommended: Kraft Old English)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- Dash hot sauce or cayenne pepper
- 8 large toasted bread rounds (I used slices of French bread)
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine crab, cheese spread, mayonnaise, garlic powder, butter and hot sauce. Divide mixture evenly over bread rounds and spread. Score each round into quarters and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake until topping is heated through and golden brown on top, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot. These freeze and store well for drop-in company.
And finally, I got this photo of D and I at the YWA holiday party!