Monday, December 8, 2008

Owie Ow Ow!?!

I went for a run today and somehow managed to sprain my ankle? Who sprains their ankle and doesn't notice? I spent a good 2 hours at the gym today in the words of Fergie "workin' on my fitness". I started out with the last run of my Couch to 5K plan for week 3 (note that it is technically week 4 but I missed my last run last week for a variety of reasons I have not decided if I shall discuss in this forum, but those of you I know in real life know why). So I get off the treadmill and I notice my left ankle feels all weird and hurty. I stretched it a little bit, the one hour of weight training I did immediately following (yes, I find it easier to do cardio first, then weights, I am aware that I am a freak) strangely made it worse. It wasn't until I got home and took my sneakers off and felt how tender the inside of my ankle was until I realized what was going on here. My ankle is clearly rebelling against my plan to get a body like Madonna's by spending copious time in the gym and slowly starving myself at home (Note: I consider subsisting off of Lean Cuisines and fruit "starvation").

So runners, what do you do in this situation? I've got an ace bandage on it, taken the maximum recommended dosage of Advil and plan on icing it before bed while keeping it elevated whenever possible. I guess the plan for tomorrow is to try and catch a spin class in lieu of a run, give the ole dogs a break? Fricking, frick. Just when I was getting somewhere with the running....

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That stinks. Do a good bike or stairmaster workout instead. You get the same cardio benefits and leg strengthening but you give the injuries a break. And don't feel too bad about not looking like Madonna, in fact I'd take it as a compliment, she's kinda scary and veiny.