Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weekend Recap


Friday-Met up with friends at Guero's for dinner and margaritas. Came home and went to sleep full and happy. Nearly passed out in the car ride there because I'd only eaten like 300 calories all day. But I think I ate like 2k at dinner, so it all evened out. Crawled into bed while Darryl had a friend over to watch sports or play video games or whatever boys do.


Saturday-Apprehended my 2 dogs standing over an unidentified body in their dog bed. Turned out it was my stuffed Eeyore. They had ripped out most of his donkey mohawk and looked to be congratulating each other and discussing the next portion of their disembowelment. I rescued Eeyore, a little worse for the wear.

I spent an hour and a half on cardio at the gym, I was sure my feet were bleeding by the time I was done. Made a Target run and gave into my Icee craving that has been building for days. Cooked Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic for dinner. Afterwards Darryl and I went out for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery and saw Australia, also known as, One Film That Should Have Been Two. After the first 2 hours and major plot resolution I leaned over to Darryl and whispered, "why is the movie still going?" Anyways, I enjoyed it and if for no other reason, you must go to see how Hugh Jackman earned his "Sexiest Man Alive" title, good lord, who knew?

Sunday-Did laundry, wrapped gifts, did other miscellaneous chores such as wash the mountain of dishes in the sink and headed back to the gym. Rather than my usual Sunday night culinary display, we decided we were too sick of doing dishes for me to cook so we went to this place called Momiji for hibachi and half priced sushi. Now I'm preparing for a meeting with my financial adviser tomorrow afternoon. Girlfriend has 4 retirement accounts scattered all over the place. Time to consolidate.

2 comments:

Jill said...

i want to see that movie! scratch that. it's not so much i want to see that movie as i want to stare at hugh jackman for 2+ hours. mmmm...

but really, was the movie any good?

hiero said...

ack, I didn't think and suckered meghan and me into watching the day the earth stood still with lawlor and gang, wow, in the middle of that movie I was like, I am SO SORRY... this is freakin horrible!