Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dinner this Week and Running Update

This week I enter week 4 of the Couch to 5K running plan, almost half way through! I am not looking forward to my run later today, however. I am not feeling stellar and think a cold is on its way. Sore throat, headache, general mild body aches, and sinus pressure. I want to not run, but I also want to not lose my momentum, so I'm telling myself if I can just get my 3 runs in this week, I will give myself a free pass as far as the other exercise is concerned. In other news, I am rather excited about some of the meals I have planned this week.

Tonight:
Honey Balsamic Lamb Chops (holy hell lamb chops are expensive, if this goes well, this will be for special occasions only)
Cous Cous
Brocclini

Wednesday:
Pumpernickel Pastrami Panini with Rosemary-Ale Jus
Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic, Gorgonzola, and Herbs
Green Salad

Thursday:
Chicken Tostadas
Black Beans
Mexican Rice

I'm trying to stick to a healthy eating plan, my panini won't be the healthiest thing in the world, I know, but with portion control we should be okay. Darryl doesn't like pastrami so I'm going to make his with roast beef. I don't have a panini maker, so I was thinking of using my George Forman grill and just propping it up so it's level and the juices don't run out of the sammys, I think this might be genius, no?George Forman above, panini maker below.

2 comments:

Milltini said...

I didn't get a chance to make it because I had to work so late! Such a bummer...hopefully tonight though. All of your choices look delish!

Elizabeth said...

Nice panini press hack idea! Another option would be to cook it in a cast iron skillet, with another one on top. This requires having two cast iron skillets... I'm gross and have 3, one with grill marks.