Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Honeymoon is Booked!



Hooray, I'm singing Jamaica Farewell (yes, I actually know all the words by heart, it's a long story) because we booked our honeymoon to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica! I was a little torn about the choice because it's so Michael Scott/commercial/non-exotic of us, but I knew that Darryl would really enjoy it and we had friends who went there and had lots of good things to say. Plus, all inclusives are really a good way for us to kick back and not worry about money and it's a short flight. I've always wanted to honeymoon in the South Pacific, but in the last 4 years I've been down there 2x and the long haul flights don't get any easier, not my idea of relaxation after a hectic wedding.
I'm especially excited about the included scuba diving and the European patisserie. The thought that I can stroll in for a latte and a napoleon every day and not pay a dime makes my heart skip a beat. Plus they have a midnight chocolate buffet and a martini bar in addition to some pretty good sounding restaurants. Only 4 more months!








2 comments:

Carli {inkedfingers} said...

Kelly-- You are going to LOVE Jamaica! When John and I shot the destination wedding there last year it was definitely one of the most beautiful beaches we'd ever seen! (Just stay far far away Kingston! :) The all-inclusive is beyond compare. I had baileys (or rather, their version of it!) like it was going out of style. lol

Your wedding will be here and hindsight before you know it!!

Happy wedding planning! :)

Kate said...

Congrats on booking your honeymoon! That is SO exciting - I've never been but I hear Jamaica is gorgeous! And it sounds like you won't have to lift a finger the entire time... = perfect honeymoon!