Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What the eff Joe's Jeans?

So I mail ordered some new Joe's Jeans, same style as before, same jean to spandex ratio. I opted to go one size larger, thinking they would be just a bit roomier than the ass tight previous pair I had. Inexplicably, the new larger pair could barely zip. And I would just like to point out that I am down 6 lbs (frustratingly, I have plateaued, but we will get it done, even if I have to do 2 hours of cardio a day). So I say, WTF? This is not the first pair of pants where I've experienced this phenomenon. Is it possible my pant stretched over the years? Tomorrow we go to Nordie's to make an exchange and then spend 2 hours in the gym trying to make those jeans too big some day soon. Ugh.

Tomorrow I do my second work out of Week 4 on the Couch to 5K plan. Next week I'll start eliminating the walking from my repitoire. And I've been thinking, this whole 5K program has been kind of a piece of cake. Granted I'm only half way through, but it makes me wonder if a 10k or perhaps a half marathon is in my future?

4 comments:

Alexis said...

Designer jeans are cut individually so pairs can vary widely. They always say that when you try them on you should take in multiple pairs of the same size. My Joe's Jeans haven't stretched at all - I'd definitely exchange them!! i hate when that happens!

Kristen said...

It totally is, you'll get hooked.

Elizabeth said...

Do they have spandex in the denim? I had some David Kahn jeans that got nice and stretched out to accomodate my giant ass... when they wore out and I bought the same size I couldnt get close with the zipper.

Happens to the best of us. Way to go on working out though! I'm so proud. I want to start the couch to 5k program too, want to do a half marathon with me?

PS check my new blog.

Jill said...

ok, you inspired me to make my pant confession in my newest blog. thanks. :)