Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dinner This Week and Spinach Queso

I made a yummy spinach queso for super bowl that was a big hit. Here's how you do it:

1 lb Velveeta
4 oz cream cheese
10 oz spinach, defrosted and drained
1 can Rotel
8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled

My crockpot is ginourmous, so I used my new fondue pot to keep that bad boy warm and melty. I think I might never make normal queso again. The best thing about having friends who love to cook (and are good at it) is that they never show up empty handed at a party so we had tons of yummy goodies at hand. I also made Scoteroos, I had half a pan left over and they were gone in under an hour at work. I could even hear people lament when they went to the kitchen and they were gone :P.

Here's the menu for this week:


Monday-Lamb Stew with parsnips, yukon gold potatoes, and sweet potatoes. I added some roasted garlic into the broth at the end, it really added some great flavor and lamb stew meat is surprisingly tender and affordable. (WW claims this is worth 5 pts, sounds and tasted a little too good to be trure)

Tuesday-Chicken Tostadas with Spring veggies (10 pts, holy hell!)

Wednesday-Beef Daube Provencal-another great stew for cool weather, served over wheat noodles. 8 pts.
Thursday-off, dinner with a friend

Friday-lamb burgers with feta and mint served with a side of lite ceasar salad (the patty is 6 pts, not sure about the rest...)

No comments: