Thursday, February 5, 2009

Spaaaaah

For those of you who have been asking, I get my facials at Anne Kelso from Debbie. She's super nice and I damn near fall asleep during them, which is different than some of the torturous ones I've had. I tend to freak out when they put the steam on me. One time I had my eyes held shut by a cloth and mits on my paraffin dipped hands, then they put the steamer on my face and LEFT for 20 minutes. The steamer was too close and I could hardly breathe so there I was, eyes covered, mitts on hands, flailing around in the dark to try and adjust the steamer. Not my idea of relaxation, but Debbie does a great job.

I usually get the basic CitySpa Facial but I am also a HUGE fan of the Paprika Facial. For my next one, I'm going to try a glycolic treatment. Hopefully I won't end up looking like Samantha on SATC's chemical peel.


2 comments:

Christy said...

sounds awesome (well, not the steamer debacle). thanks for the info!

Kate said...

If you're looking for a great peel that won't totally burn your skin - see if your spa offers a peel with natural fruit acid. I've been doing Nature Peel Facials in the name of Wedding Prep and they are FABULOUS - I get them on Sundays and my skin is back to its normal color and ready for makeup on Monday morning!