Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Random Musings of a Woman on the Verge of a Mental Break



  • Today at work they announced that they will no longer be compensating us with a monthly stipend for cell phone use. Instead, if we go over our plan due to work related activities, they will reimburse us on a call by call basis. They also had the nerve to suggest I look into getting a better plan.

  • Today we discussed mutinying and refusing to use our cell phones in the field. Or "losing" them and failing to replace them. I go out of the office for a week or more at a time. Guess the project manager will have to wait for me to call him when I get into the hotel at 8 PM at night. WTF?

  • I have worked over 30 hours this week and it's only Wednesday.

  • My house is filthy, my mom is coming on Saturday, and we're having a bridal shower here on Sunday. I need to hire a maid, but ironically, I don't have time and Darryl refuses to allow someone to come in his house and touch his stuff. Therefore, we are living in squalor. This isn't a power play, I just cannot work 10-12 hrs a day, work out with a personal trainer 2x a week, go to WW once a week, cook meals, take the dog to the groomer, do laundry, AND have a clean house. Right now, I have a clean bedroom and that's about it.

  • I walked in the door tonight at 7 PM and D, sitting on the couch eating a sandwich, asked me if I'd fed the dogs when I got home from work. I looked at him and said, "This is me getting home from work, did I feed them in the last 2 seconds? No."

  • As much as I'm bitching, D has actually been helpful as of late, doing chores that I usually do without being asked and remembering to do stuff without me nagging him. I feel like you carry a subconscious "odor" when approaching a mental break and maybe he can sense that. One of my coworkers asked me today why I haven't had a freak out yet. I'm always upbeat and happy and calm at work (something that might shock my previous coworkers). I'm pretty sure it's because I'm about to have a stroke or something.

  • Tomorrow I wake up at 6 AM, go to the gym to work out with my trainer. Then I get in to work ASAP, help the admins prep materials for my superiors' super important meeting at 10 AM. Then I spend my lunch meeting with our wedding caterer, come to work until 5:30 AM and then go back to the gym to see my trainer AGAIN. Arrive home at 8 PM, pass out.

  • Petey's groomer and I had a miscommunication regarding my vision for his look. We're pretty close to the shave down debacle of the summer of '08. On the other hand, Ginger's hair is so long I discovered a giant dreadlock on her chest and had to cut it off.

  • If I do have a mental break, tomorrow is the prime day for it. Wish me luck folks.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh goodness, been there. Not fun. How about I come up on Saturday and clean your house for you. Honestly nothing would make me happier. I'll call you tomorrow.

Kristen said...

I almost had one yesterday between the work crap and then the sheer amount of people who decided to be dicks whilst driving home. Plus, one guy literaly tried to jump in front of my car in the Target parking lot. I think it's one of those crazy full moon weeks or something because a bunch of people died this week too. I sure hope next week's better. Are you ready for the race?

Jenny.Lee said...

You are a much stronger woman than I. Good luck!