Sunday, March 1, 2009

Vegan Dinner


After spending Saturday gorging myself on chili at the chili cookoff, I guess I was just craving some vegan fare. I started my meal with some boiled edamame while I marinaded some 3 grain tempeh. Then I stir fried it with a veggie packet I picked up at Whole Foods. I finished the meal with a successful retry at the black bean brownies. I combined reduced sugar brownie mix with the bean slurry and let it rip. The only complaint I have is that they didn't rise properly. They are dense and moist and very satisfying given their nutritional content. Darryl gets in tonight, I'm curious of his impressions, probably won't mention the beans...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

So, what'd you think of the tofu? It kinda looks like rotten maggots huh? Didn't want to mention that before you tried it :-)

Jenny.Lee said...

Happen to know what the calories are for brownie serving? I WANT ONE!