Thursday, April 9, 2009

Agony of Da Feet


Last night as I was sitting down to a lovely plate of shrimp with peanut sauce with a side of sesame stir fried snow peas and some seasoned potato wedges, when my meal was inturrupted by Darryl who comes in limping, from his basketball game, he rolled his ankle. So he takes off his shoes, yelling for pain meds and I end up having to cut the sock off his foot. At this point, I tried to not let my reaction show in my face, but I said very calmly, "okay, we need to go to the ER" because it was practically grapefruit size.
So I'm trying to get the dogs tucked away and Ginger, my little kidney patient who wouldn't come out of her crate all week decided she didn't want to go back IN the crate because she was feeling better. I was like, "Really Ginger? I had to drag you out of there snarling all week and now the one time I need you to get IN there, you won't?" And of course, she was tricked into the crate with a treat.
Long story short, D's ankle wasn't broken, he's just crutching around in an air cast until he can put weight on it. I hope he meant it when he promised no more basketball until after the wedding.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

At the begining of this post I totally thought you were going to say that you had an allergic reaction. Shrimp, peanut sauce, sesame seeds...

Poor Darryl, send him my condolences.

Princess Selina said...

oye I hope he's feeling better. Ryan always ends up doing something like that (rolled ankle, suuuuuuper sprained fingers) when he plays basketball. I always prepare an extra bag w/ heating packs, athletic tape, bayer, and bandaids when that boy plays ball. And I'm glad to hear that Ginger is feeling better too!

Enginerd said...

now you have TWO patients. you should fake an ailment to get some extra attention.