Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Poor Little Gingy

My poor little Ginger hasn't been herself lately. It's been so bad, I had to cancel her badly needed trip to the groomer. She's been in a terrible mood and I'm not sure what to do. It all started yesterday morning, she got up, ate breakfast, and then went back to her crate, which is odd because she's usually driving us nuts, wanting to go back outside to play and bark.

Last night, she seemed okay, she was running around in the yard. When she came in and was calmly laying on the carpet, I crouched down to pet her. Then I tried to roll her over to give her a belly rub, which she loves. She snarled and snapped at me and I loudly scolded her with a light swat on the bottom.

She then went scooting under our bed where she sulked for about 3 hours. Then it was time for her to go out for her last nightly potty run and she wouldn't come out. So we gently tried to prod her out with a stick, this tactic has worked before, but she freaked out and had an accident under the bed, then we felt really awful. We ended up having to disassemble the bed at 12:30 AM, grab her out of there, clean the carpet, etc.

This morning, she went and hid back in her crate again and when I carried her across the house in it to the kitchen, she was snarling at me. I managed to lure her out with treats and sweet words to get her to go to the bathroom outside but she darted right back into hiding.

I think a trip to the vet may be in order. Part of me wonders if she's just stressed and needs a run around the block to blow off some steam, but I also wonder if she's in pain so I want to check with the vet first. Poor Gingy.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor Ginger! I agree, take her to the vet ASAP. Hope she is OK.

Kristen said...

Sounds like something's going on, I'd take her in if she isn't back to normal soon. Dogs get really quiet and secluded when they're in pain.

I get kisses said...

Oh poor baby, I hope it's nothing big. Feel better Gingy.

Am said...

Oh, poor thing. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Jill said...

oh no! definitely take her to the vet. our shih tzu got very temperamental one day and we couldn't figure out what it was. it turned out he had something wrong with his stomach. he didn't vomit or anything, but some weird digestive thing was wrong with him, causing him to be oh so moody. i hope everything turns out ok!

Miss M! said...

Aw, poor baby! It definitely sounds like a visit to the vet is in order. Hopefully she's okay.