Monday, June 1, 2009

Monthly Goals

I haven't done these in a while, but I really like writing these, I can't believe it's June already!

1. Change Name. How do I get more copies of my marriage certificate? I managed to master all the government forms, but was totally spooned by the Travis County office thingy, I can't seem to figure out how to order more copies? Also, they ask for your parents' SSN when you're completing the SSN change and my father refused to give it to me. It's times like this that my parents remind me of the Costanzas on Seinfeld. My father kept refusing to give it to me, my mother kept yelling at him, "they're the Social Security Agency, they already know your SSN!" He was convinced that someone had found out I was a newlywed and sent me a bogus form in an attempt to steal our entire family's SSNs. It took a lot of convincing that I sought out this legitimate government form on my own volition and would later mail it to an actual government office.

2. Complete thank you notes-Only 9 to go...

3. Work out with trainer-Thanks to my friend Janet, I will be resuming personal training sessions in the near future. I want abs of steel people.

4. Lounge by the pool/lake on at least 2 occasions this month-As of Tuesday they let my Lasik eyes back in the water. This is just a PSA to all the people who I've had to turn down for boat rides, pool parties, etc. I'm ready to go now people!

5. Resume running schedule-I have determined I'd like to run the Moonlight Margarita Run at the end of the summer at a non-craptastic pace. I plan on training towards that end. It's just a 5k, but I run really slow, so I'm going to see what I can do about that. Then I will stuff my face with Maudie's food and margaritas in a display of victory.

3 comments:

Amanda @ Bits & Pieces said...

Umm, YUM! Wish they had a margarita run here.. that would certainly provide a bit more motivation to get back on my running plan! :)

Christy said...

wow, you are on it. we've just started our thank you notes (oops).

never heard of the margarita run but it sounds awesome! just wish it wasn't on a thursday!

Jenny.Lee said...

these are great goals. i need to set some...