Sunday, August 9, 2009

Engagement Party


Dinner in the backyard

c

The hubs hard at work in the kitchen


This weekend Darryl and I had the pleasure of throwing an engagement party for our friends Parker and Christine. I'm beginning to realize how lousy I am at taking pictures, I have no photos of myself or the happy couple, so here are a few random shots.

The menu included:
-champagne sangria, wine, and beer
-stuffed mushrooms
-cream cheese with jalapeno jelly on crackers
-chips and spinach queso

The dinner was Darryl's family's recipe for chicken tetrazini, salad, and garlic bread. Dessert was a chocolate stout cake which was first introduced to me by my friend Elizabeth at my bridal shower, homemade dulce de leche and cookies and cream ice creams, all homemade by the hubs. The MOH, Christine's sister also provided some yummy cupcakes and all the table decor (when in doubt, rent your linens).
Christine
Digging into dessert Enjoying dessert and champagne

2 comments:

hiero said...

cool, looks like the globes worked out! backyard looks great!

Jill said...

draping lights? gorgeous decor? will you pretty please throw me a surprise birthday? cough december 19 cough.