Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sometimes You Wanna Go Where Everybody Knows Your Name

This weekend I had the honor of being in the house party of my dear friend Chris's wedding. I had a fantastic time playing catch up with my whole posse from my college days. I'm sure there are more interesting/drunk photos circulating somewhere (I definitely performed the dance routine to Thriller and could not feel my face for large portions of the evening and may have done a happy dance when someone handed me a sparkler, and may have answered my front door sans pants later that night...but that's a story for another day...), these people bring back some great memories.

Some of these memories we were trying to share at the rehearsal dinner, but we were all sitting at our tables, hands on our heads, because every story we had involved Chris helping us avoid getting slapped with an MIP, finding Chris on a Tuesday afternoon, lying on the couch, with a keg tap in his mouth, etc. And don't judge Chris, we were right there with him, he's held my hair back more than twice and was a good enough friend to call the next day to make sure I was doing okay with the hangover. But we had to limit it to 2 stories because his mother commented, "All of these stories have drinking in them?"


Mr. Babb and me at the reception.




Marie, one of the next to be wed, and I showing off our rocking bodies, courtesy of swimming, running, and whatever other kind of exercise you can shake a stick at, Marie is my triathlon role model. I cannot WAIT for her wedding!

Sunday morning was Darryl and my 3 month wedding anniversary so I celebrated by making us blue mountain coffee that we brought back with us from our honeymoon in Jamaica!

3 comments:

Amanda @ Bits & Pieces said...

I just wanted to let you know, Kelly, that you do look GREAT after all that "working on your fitness" that you've been doing! Congrats girl, it's paying off big time and you should be proud!

Christine said...

You look like a hottie Kelly! And dont worry about answering the door with out pants. I dont mind the show! :)

Jill said...

i think we need to talk about how stunning that dress is and how stunning you look in it. check you out girl!