Monday, February 8, 2010

How to Work from Your Hotel Room in Style

I've been on the road a bit more than usual.  I used to be quite accustomed to living out of a suitcase, but my skills have gotten a little rusty, but I'm getting back in the swing of things.  After a long day on the road, I apply Mary Kay Intense moisturizing cream to my face post shower.  I really like this cream because my face still feels moist when I wake up the next morning.  Really comes in handy after I've been working outside all day.  I also apply eye cream to keep the peepers looking perky.


Next I put on my shea infused socks (with the little grippies on the bottom) which feel good after a day in steel towed boots and light my Yankee Clean Cotton candle and spread out my work on the bed.  Sometimes I bring along a bottle of wine to enjoy in the evenings, but tonight I have too much work to do.  Maybe later this week?  Just because you're away from home doesn't mean you can't have a few creature comforts, makes the days pass faster.  If you DO get a bottle of wine, be sure to pack your own bottle opener OR buy a screw top.  Some hotels keep wine bottle openers at the front desk, but judging on my surroundings, I doubt this one does.  And I'll be drinking out of a Dixie cup, but that's okay, we do what we can ;).

2 comments:

Jill said...

bringing candles to the hotel = amazing. i'm totally stealing that idea next time...

Vic said...

How cute! I love the wine idea :)