Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Rundown

So I finally did it on Monday, I signed up for the Statesman Capital 10K.  Time to get serious!  Here's my training plan for the week:

Tuesday: Upper Body Workout
Wednesday: Run 2.5 miles
Thursday: Body Pump
Friday: Early AM run before work, 2 miles
Saturday: Outdoor run, 5k

Apparently I already blew my rest days on Sunday and Monday.  Oh well, the runs are short, recovery will be easy, already restarted my glucosamine and flaxseed oil suppliments.  The key I find is very slowly working up my milage, otherwise my muscles and ligaments start to give me problems, setting back my training. 

I'm going to try and do 2 treadmill runs a week and one trail run on the weekend, keep up with my strength training on the 2 other days of the week allowing for one day of yoga and one day of total rest.  We'll see how this goes...

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

Woohoo!! Good job on registering!!