Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend Recap, Winter Alelympics Edition

Friday

Had a lovely date night downtown at El Mercado followed by Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3D.  I actually enjoyed it in that is was not the story of Alice in Wonderland, but more of a work inspired as a sequel with elements of Through The Looking Glass incorporated.  It was a pleasant surprise because I hate the story of Alice in Wonderland and I really enjoyed the story line in this movie.

Saturday
Got up early, ran the 3 mile loop at Town Lake, then took the dogs to obedience training.  Then we came home and got suited up for the 2010 Winter Alelympics!  Notice our awesome ski gear.  We were Team America.

We bobbed for habaneros in a pool of ice water....

We risked the dangers of brain freeze in the popsicle binge eating competition...

We ran a triathalon...in pink flippers.....

We jousted on snowboards...I tried to get inside Christine's opponent's head by telling him she was pregnant (she's not, obvs) right before they started and then kept yelling to "not hit her in the baby".  She was the only girl in this competition, we had to use every advantage we could get.

We got WAY too enthusiastic about the games, I tore off my clothes into this outfit and declared to the crowd that I was going to "Michel Phelps this shit".  Note that A) I forgot to take off my bikini bottoms so I'm essentially wearing 1.5 swimsuits in this photo, B) I was wearing my running tights under my Speedo that is 2 sizes too large, C) I managed to put my Speedo on inside out, D) I had been drinking while I was trying to get dressed in this outfit, thus the debacle.  E) My "speed suit" did not perform well in the trial runs, so we eventually had to lose the tights...and turn it right side out while we were at it.....

We operated a bouncy house slip n slide without a trained operator on duty....

Here I am, clawing my way to victory, this thing takes a lot out of your abs, mine were KILLING me on Sunday.
If I do not chug this beer, then the terrorists win.  It was not light beer either making this extra challenging.

We brought it all home with a beer pong tournament, a cookout, and a concert from Do It Live.  I could not have thought of a better way to spend a Saturday.  Good friends, lots of beer, and lots of running around doing crazy things.  Darryl mentioned a friend's name who we should have invited but then said, "she's probably too healthy to do this," I looked at him and said, "I never want to be that healthy."  Life is too short to take yourself seriously, sometimes the healthiest thing you can do for yourself is to enjoy your youth, put on some crazy outfits, do silly things while drinking a couple beers, and live life to the fullest with both old friends and new ones.  That is what really matters in life. 

Sunday
Took a very hung over husband out to brunch.  Darryl doesn't get to go wild too often, so it was really fun to see him go all out, but he was in rough shape in the morning.  After brunch I convinced him to help me in my garden.  I'll post more about that later, with a full garden update.  Enjoy your week darlings!
 

5 comments:

mujerboricua said...

What a fun and great idea! Glad you took one for the team and America by drinking the non-light beer. The terrorists lose!

rena said...

That's awesome!!

Vic said...

Amazing, just amazing. And I completely agree with you - sometimes the "healthiest" thing to do is let loose and have a great time with your lovey and your buddies!

Janet said...

I like your summary of the events, nice! It was a great weekend, so glad ya'll could join. . .start gearing up for next year when we WILL take gold!

Emily said...

Alelympics sounds like the best spring afternoon ever. EVER.