Monday, March 1, 2010

You Wish You Ate at Our House

Okay, so I wasn't stellar about tucking the wings under, but we've got about 30 minutes to go and things are shaping up nicely....



Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Quarter 2 lemons, stuff 2 lemon quarters and a whole clove of garlic cut in half in the cavity with salt and pepper.  Slice up sweet onions, toss with remaining lemon quarters and olive oil.  Brush chicken skin with olive oil and add salt, pepper, and herbs de provence to outside.  Cook for 1:15 hours.  When done allow chicken to rest on a cutting board.  Add  half a cup of white wine, half a cup of chicken stock and a tablespoon of flour to the pan with the onions and lemon.  Stir, allow sauce to thicken, serve onions and sauce on a platter with the chicken. 

We are serving this with a blend of brown and wild rice with a side of a low fat ceasar salad.  Looking forward to a healthy meal...though I am sad to not have wine while I cook.  What am I supposed to do while I watch my shows as my house is filled with the delectable aromas of the chicken? 

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I'd be all over this if it didn't involve stuffing anything up anywhere.