Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baking Adventure

I have decided to start to hone my baking skills.  I am relatively inexperienced in baking, rarely like to bake because we can't eat it all, and generally don't enjoy the whole "color between the lines" approach to baking.  But maybe once I get more comfortable with it I'll get better?  I've been perusing Bakerella.com for some inspiration and have resolved to have one baking adventure per week. 

This week's agenda, chocolate chip bundt cake.  I have to stop at HEB after the gym to grab a couple things, will document my progress as I embark on this adventure tonight...

3 comments:

Miss M! said...

Good for you! The way I see it, if you're going to eat junk food, it's better to eat junk food that you made yourself and know is full of wholesome ingredients as opposed to buying junk food at the store that is full of high fructose corn syrup and preservatives.

hiero said...

to be fair, baking doesn't have to be 'color between the lines.' I experiment all the time, you know that...

Lindalou said...

I'm so glad you didn't decide to start with one of Bakeralla cake pops. They are harder than they look and could very well stop the baking progress.

I've done the same thing recently...getting more into baking. What has helped the most is my new KitchenAid mixer. Also...don't double cookie recipes unless you have to. A single cookie recipe doesn't make you regret baking. A double recipe will.

Good luck.