Monday, June 28, 2010

Bachelorette Party Recap

A couple weekends ago we celebrated the bachelorette party of a certain Ex-Yankee and as documented by the lovely Mrs. Collins.  Janet and I planned the brunt of the affair, but Christine's other bridesmaids, who live far far away and were not able to attend contributed generously in both finances and spirit.  We started out the morning with all sorts of yummy breakfast treats and a Bellini bar inspired by the shower I attended thrown by the Waspy Redhead (fyi, if you don't have a blog I can link to, our friendship does not exist, kidding). 

We visited 3 wineries, Becker, Grape Creek, and Torre di Pietra.  These photos are from our last stop, because I was very busy with the important business of pounding as many glasses of wine as possible and couldn't be bothered to take photos.  Classy, I know.




Amelia's torso...seriously, I can't be friends with anyone without their own blog...





I made Janet hide behind the arbor and make tiger noises.  We.  were.  drunk.





I'm just goign to stroll through this vinyard with my glass of Dirty Girl.  Note that Janet and I felt the need to break into the "Dirty Girl" song a la Rob & Big.  Who else knows that song?  Favorite thing about that show and also favorite thing about Janet.





Frolicking in sundresses in a vineyard. We should be some sort of ad campaign for sundresses.  Or wine.  Or something completely not related to either.




The other Kelly and the bride to be deep in conversation, taking in a rockabilly/country band.





We played a naughty scratch off game on the car ride home.




And here were the favors I made with the hub's graphic design help.  Took a bottle of Becker Chardonnay and made custom wine labels.  Note that this was all the hubs.  I ride the short bus on all things computer graphic-ey.

7 comments:

Miss M! said...

I'm not sure why, but all of the misspelled words in this post are highlighted in bright yellow. Did you do that on purpose?

Miss M! said...

Oh, and now they aren't anymore so I look like a total a-hole! LOL! Well, either way it looks like you all had a lovely time. :)

The Waspy Redhead said...

Kelly I'm cracking up about your comment that if you don't have a blog you can link to your friendship is nonexistant. So funny!

Miss you! Can't wait to see ya at De's wedding.

Katie D said...

Looks a fantastic time! I'm so sorry I missed it. Looking forward to seeing you ladies soon :)

Amber and Trey Collins said...

I pictured Janet singing the tiger song from hangover!

Christine said...

And I just spit apple at my computer screen while laughing at this post. I effing love the tiger shots of Janet BTW. I am still so humbled by everything you guys did for the party! We should make this an annual adventure, fuck needing a reason to throw a party!

Janet said...

Oh good-ness! I have to admit, I didn't remember the whole Tiger pose until I saw that pic just now, nice! Yeah. . .I think you can take me out of the classy-drunk ranking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOumzlbz_g