Monday, September 20, 2010

Pub Crawler

This weekend we partook in a friend's surprise birthday celebration including a ride on Austin's very own Pub Crawler. What is the Pub Crawler you ask? It's only been in business for a couple of months and it's a bicycle built for 15-ish with a keg on the front. The owner said they had it built in the Netherlands and then shipped over to the US. Here we are decorating while we wait for the guest of honor.

Pub Crawling is very serious business. We got lots of cheers, honks, people taking photos and videotaping us as we cruised around town. The hills were tough but we made it up and across First Street, though there were a couple seconds where I was certain we'd start to roll backwards.  We remembered a delicious keg from Uncle Billy's, a bottle of Patron, and Jello shots.  Know what we did not remember to bring?  Water.  Or some Gatorade would have been nice.  Hydration fail.

I keep trying to load video but it's crashing blogger, maybe tomorrow it'll be in a less fussy mood and I can post some pics of us in action.  Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.

5 comments:

Amanda @ Bits & Pieces said...

That is FANTASTIC! One of those would do great here in Boulder I think!

Janet said...

It was nice to be semi-famous for a day, so glad ya'll were part of the fun! And yes my butt still hurts from the ride. . .

Christy said...

That. is. awesome.

Natalie said...

That looks amazing. Dallas needs one of those STAT!

And that story about your dog was hilarious... I accidentally poured a water bottle of vodka in my dogs bowl once but luckily I think he took one sniff and decided he wasn't going near it. :)

The Waspy Redhead said...

Coolest thing I've ever seen! I miss you like crazy! Austin date? Tell me a weekend and I'm there. Preferably after Nov 17 - yes I am lame sauce.