Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gross Out of the Week

After all the Thanksgiving food prep our hand soap dispenser by the kitchen sink was empty so I replaced it with a new citrusy smelling soap from Bath and Body Works.  I made a few meals, handled raw meat, raw ground turkey, raw chicken breasts, and raw seafood.  Being ever the germaphobe I carefully washed my hands when ANYTHING raw touched them.  I also liked the way the new soap smelled so much that sometimes after using the bathroom, I'd go all the way to the kitchen to use the new soap because it smelled so great and made my hands feel so nice.

Last night Darryl comes to me and says "You know you have a bottle of lotion next to the sink?" 
Me (chuckling): "No honey, it's lotion soap.  It's not real lotion.  It moisturizes AND cleans."
Him:  "No....It's just lotion.  Go read the bottle.  Don't you notice your hands feel all slimy when you use it?"
Me: "What?  No, Bath and Body Works makes moisturizing hand soap, it's delightful."
Him: "It doesn't kill germs.  Go read the bottle."

I walk into the kitchen "MOTHER F*CKER, I'VE BEEN 'WASHING' MY HANDS WITH LOTION FOR 3 DAYS".  Gross.  How I've not gotten salmonella or ecoli from my filthy lack of legitimate hand washing is beyond me.  Hygiene Fail.

2 comments:

Amanda @ Bits & Pieces said...

Oh my gosh. Funny! But yes, gross too.

Tiffany said...

EEK! Yuck, yuck, yuck. I am the same way about washing my hands and raw food.

On another note, have you smelled the Twisted Peppermint SOAP ;) from B&BW? It is fantastic!