Monday, April 18, 2011

I would like to extend to you, an invitation to the Pants Party.

Are you trying to say there's a party in your pants and I'm invited?

This weekend I did a little shopping at Old Navy and tried on the Perfect Trousers in white (above photo is similar, but I couldn't find the exact style on the website).  As impractical as white pants are for me, Stainey McGee and unflattering (white just makes everything look bigger and let's face it, I'm a pear shape) as they are, I find myself on a perpetual quest for the perfect pair of white pants and or jeans.  These actually made my butt look HOT.  Hooray!  BUT, the only problem I have with wearing white pants or shorts is the pockets.  You can always see the outline of the pockets when I'm coming and going.  What am I doing wrong here?  Should I automatically buy them a size bigger, will that help?  Not a fan of that idea because I liked the way they hugged the curves of my boo-tay. 

I'm not worried about concealing my underwear, I tried these on in red underpants and they didn't show through.  But the pockets did!  (And if you're wondering, I suggest a nude Hanky Panky thong or some thigh length SPANX for appropriate undergarments with these).  I've considered cutting out the pockets, but that seems lame.  What do you guys do?  ::shaking fist at the sky::  I want white pants this summer!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I always, always, always start with one size larger than my norm with white pants and jeans. If they look silly, I'll try my regular size, but I almost always leave with the bigger selection. This seems to work for me.

Have you tried GAP's Long & Lean jeans in white? They are my new favorites!