Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day Dreaming

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, I wake up every night at 3 AM and cannot get back to sleep.  This has been going on for a couple weeks.  I. Am. Exhausted.  So one of the things I think about in the wee small hours of the morning is my next trip to Vegas, which we are planning for my 30th birthday.  We aren't planning our usual trip, it'll be more of a grown up trip focusing on visits to the spa, fine dining, and a nice show rather than partying at a rooftop bar with our friends (which is LOVELY but we're just going to do something at a bit of a different pace this time).  So instead of our usual Hilton, where we typically get comped a suite, I want to go a bit higher end.  I'm trying to decide between the Wynn (or the Encore)....


 The Bellagio...I've always wanted to stay there but is it too old and tired now?  Has it lost its luxury quotient?
 The Cosmopolitan...this fits more of our younger partying profile for our trips to Vegas...not sure if it's really a good fit for a weekend more geared towards romance and relaxation...
Aria, is this (or the Cosmopolitan) really in the same class as the Wynn or the Bellagio?  We will probably never stay anywhere in Vegas this nice again, so I want to make it count.  The pool isn't really a factor since we'll be going in February.

I'm also contemplating the shows, I'd love to see Garth Brooks but with tickets starting at $250 a person, I think it's too rich for our blood.  Other options include LOVE, O, or Absenthe. 

What do you think?  What hotel would you stay at on your ultimate Vegas fantasy trip? 

4 comments:

Christine said...

I say go for the best hotel you can get. You only get to do this kind of trip every so often and it is your 30th. Go big or go home... Or also take me with you! :) Feel better soon. Maybe tea will help you at night?

Kate said...

I love O - I've seen it twice and it is just wonderful (if you like the Beatles). I looooooved drinking at the Cosmopolitan - such a cool hotel, but it is a bit "snazzy bachelorette." You can't lose with the Wynn.

Janet said...

I've heard great things about the Cosmo - I think the rooms actually have balconies so you can check out all of the craziness below. Yes do a show! That's crazy Garth is that expensive, that would be a fun one b/c who doesn't know every word to his greatest hits album?!

High Heels and Homemade Meals said...

Girl I love the cosmo (I went for my 30th) but don't plan on sleeping. Marque day/ night club is so loud it kept me up on the 45th floor!!!!!!!! I actually called down to the front desk to ask when the club closes, that was at 4:30 am. The balconies are amazing ( Trey and I might have slept on ours) but they do let in a lot more noise. I have past blog post all about the hotel. I mean don't get me wrong it's the hottest spot in town but I guessing it's not what you aiming for this trip. But if you CRAVING a burger... one of the best I have ever had!
Amber