Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Baby and the Bathwater

The way I see it, I have a few problems here folks. 

  1. It just occurred to me this week that I will have to bathe my infant.  I am now obsessed with this fact. 
  2. I watch YouTube videos of infants getting baths every night.
  3. I am terrified to have a tiny slippery wiggly little baby in my hands, what if I drop her?  She will take her baths in a tub surrounded by pillows on the floor apparently.....
  4. Every time the baby starts to fuss and cry in these videos I start to cry.  I didn't even used to like babies that much.  Now I come unhinged when one cries because of a little water?
  5. And the dogs do not seem to be taking kindly to all this infant screaming coming out of my computer.  Been getting plenty of dirty looks from the furry first-borns.


What are we going to do?

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww, but you make me laugh!

Kate said...

I too have baby-bathing fears. So I bought one of those Total Hippie Prince Lionhart tubs that are basically just buckets to put the baby in. I mean, how much wiggling can the kid do in a bucket? I keep going back and forth on whether this is absolutely the most ridiculous idea ever... or perhaps I'm a total genius consumer.

Time will tell if I break down, return the damn thing, and just get that whale tub.

Elaine said...

Until you get comfortable (which you will), it may be worth investing in some Physiobebe No-Rinse Cleansing Fluid by Mustela. It smells wonderful and does a great job of getting your kid clean. I still have a bottle of it around our house for nights when we can't squeeze in a bath or to just wipe faces after dinner. It's a little pricey, but a bottle of it lasted me almost a year.

The Waspy Redhead said...

Hilarious.

Kelline said...

You'll do just fine, dear. God has an amazing way of instilling super mommy grip on our fingertips and excellent instincts to take special care!! It IS quite an experience, the bathing of the tiny wet thing, but somehow, we get through it. Your biggest worry is whether baby likes bath or not. Some love water and some will scream like it's hot poo you're dipping them in. God bless you all the way through!! :-)

High Heels and Homemade Meals said...

The baby POD! it will save your back! All the tubs are cute but you can only use them for a few months and they take up a ton of room. Sounds nuts but I would get in with Campbell all the time. It was god bonding and easier than leaning over the tub on my knees

High Heels and Homemade Meals said...
This comment has been removed by the author.