Thursday, March 22, 2012

39 Weeks....Almost There!


We are almost done!  Went to the doctor on Tuesday and he is having me come back next Tuesday for one last appointment.  My due date is Wednesday and he said with the diabetes he won't let me go past it, so Tuesday we'll see where I'm at and discuss options.  So this time next week we should have our little baby girl!

It looks like Tuesday will be my last day at work, so it's good to be able to put a finite end date on that.  I guess I could still randomly go into labor on my own, but I don't think that will happen.  The last bits for the nursery will be arriving this week, once they're in place, I can't wait to share it with you!

Things I'm looking forward to after the birth besides our little bundle of joy?  A margarita and a big bowl of pasta.  I'm hopeful that our girl can come into the world through a vaginal birth, but my total and complete lack of any cervical dilation make me think that may not happen, so I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for a C-Section.  The doctor said he wouldn't induce unless I dilated some on my own, so we'll see what that means and what my body has done on Tuesday.  A C-section isn't the end of the world, I've recovered from major surgery before, much worse than a C-section, but I was 10 years younger and didn't have a new baby to care for, so I'm a bit nervous, but whatever happens, happens, we just want our baby to be born safely and healthy!

3 comments:

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

you will do great! think of it this way... you can have stitches one place or the other. Personally a bowling ball out of my Vajaja sounds no better than stitches on my belly. 3 days you will be up and going!

Lauren said...

Good luck with everything, Kelly! My birthday is March 28th as well. Wonderful time for a little girl to be born! :)