Thursday, March 8, 2012

37 Weeks

Here's Ginger, who spent an uncharacteristically long time in my lap tonight while I read my magazine.

Last weekend was our fantastic baby shower (pictures and recap to come) and this week I'm officially full term at 37 weeks!  Diabetes remain under control with my super strict diet and my oral medications and the doctor said he might even let me go to full term since I'm doing so well with it!

The Braxton Hicks contractions are coming ALL. THE. TIME. now, it's pretty crazy, but I take them as a good sign.  For the most part, we are ready for our little one's arrival.  We have all the essentials ready to go in the house and we took a newborn care class this week and walked out feeling like we hadn't learned anything.  Not in a bad way.  In a "wow we're actually ready" way.  We have our pediatrician picked out and now we're just sorting out our childcare for after the birth for when I return to work. 

No remarkable cravings to report, they don't really matter because I can't eat what I really want to eat most of the time.  Mostly I'm very tired all the time.  We're trying to take time to relax in these next few weeks before she comes. 

Today we visited our first day care, which was okay.  It was hard to focus on ANYTHING the lady was telling us because she was holding the most ADORABLE 3 month old baby girl in her arms who kept smiling at us.  It has made me ache for our own baby girl so badly.  I physically hurt for her to hurry up and get here! 

It also strengthened my resolve on our decision to wait until our baby is 6 months old to put her in daycare.  I know everyone has their own choices and decisions, but for us, we're going to choose an in home caregiver for the first few months so our child can have one on one attention and then she'll enter a daycare center a few days a week when she's older/has all her 6 month vaccinations/and can in my opinion benefit more from the social interaction daycare infant rooms have to offer. 

Don't get me wrong, that 3 month old baby was loving life and seemed really happy there, but honestly, this is more about making my return to work easier on me and I think I'll feel less guilt if I'm leaving her with a nanny at first and then easing her into a more social environment when she's a tad bit older. 

We've by no means made a decision, we still have 2 more centers to visit, but I'm feeling better about the whole daycare thing after seeing our first one.  So now I would say my Baby Rabies are at their absolute PEAK.  It's not about just being DONE with being pregnant (I am) or just being so excited to meet our baby (we are), but I can't wait to snuggle a smiling happy little girl in footie pajamas and smell all her delightful baby smells and give her baths, and rock her.  I'm so lucky that I get to be the one to stay home with her for weeks and weeks!

1 comment:

The Waspy Redhead said...

Ginger is hilarious. Its like she's sitting in front of your baby exit to keep her in a little longer.