Thursday, November 13, 2008

Declaration


Attention Interwebs! I have declared that I will attempt to start running. There are a lot of things working against me (see previous posts about asthma, hives, not being a tremendous athlete to begin with, etc). Plus, for those of you who don't know me in real life, I did some quality time in a wheel chair/crutches for nearly a year. Without getting into too much detail, they had to cut out my fibula for a bone graft in my hip and every time I've tried to run since the operation, I get a lot of pain in my lower leg.

So I am once again going to attempt the "Couch to 5K Plan". I don't have a 5k in mind, but if I can actually get half way through this, I will find a 5k to run. My goal is to get to that 5k level by my 27th birthday in January. I won't be able to start next week because of my business trip, but I will do a test run on Sunday at Town Lake with the Ginger Snap. She's got a case of the chubbies and she's better behaved on the trail than Petey. I will update you on the progress.


4 comments:

Christy said...

You can do it!!

Elizabeth said...

Kelly I am your interwebs training buddy! I will support you in your efforts, as I am also dedicated to get back to my running.

Does your OT think its OK for you to run BTW? LOL just wanted to see how many abbrevs I could use in a comment.

Erin & Doug said...

Kelly - you can do it! I HATED running! I started running about 3 years ago on a whim and I am doing my first marathon on Sunday. It's kind of addicting! =) Good luck with the run on Town Lake. That is the best place to start.

Globetrottingbride said...

Good luck. You have officially inspired me to get to the gym this weekend!