Friday, December 26, 2008

Man's Best Friend Indeed...

This afternoon my mother and I took the dogs for a walk and Petey got a little overexcited when we came upon a trio of 2 schnauzers and a Yorkie. He managed to knock me down (yes a 13 pound dog made me eat concrete) and leave me bleeding on the sidewalk while he went after the dogs. As I was laying on the ground all I could say is, "Mom, go get Petey" because the thought of having to jump up and chase him down at a full sprint with a bruised and bleeding knee/hand/elbow with a twisted ankle to boot just didn't sound like much fun.

We get home and get me cleaned up, meanwhile he's out in the backyard. The next thing I know he's tunneled under the fence and is in my neighbor's yard, trying to get in their back door. My nerves are shot.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ouch!

fu said...

have you considered taking him to petsmart for a training course? they're less than $100 and you only need to take the one course your entire lifetime. my sister took it when we got our chocolate lab, and she learned a lot.

fu said...

i see. so it's a breed thing. aren't cairn terriers small, though? how can one leave you eating concrete? oh, right, your ankle. duh.

i'll watch out for petey next time i'm outside.