Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday
After a tough day at the office (note I like my job and I LOVE my projects, but it was a demanding day) Darryl got to pick the restaurant since he's been slaving away until 3 AM in the morning all week. He picked the Texas Roadhouse, not my favorite, but they had 23 oz Lonestar Beers for $2 and you really can't go wrong with that. Then we brought Ginger over to a friend's house, watched some TV and fell asleep on our friend's couch after a couple more beers. It was a long week.

Saturday
I'm not going to lie, we worked really hard on Saturday. I spent hours giving the house a thorough cleaning (hubs made me fire the maid since the wedding is over, but at least he helped), did laundry, and then we borrowed our sister in law's truck for an Ikea expedition with Christine! Here's what we got:

No one got us our duvet cover off our registry, but this one was much cheaper and super comfy. I think I'm still going to keep the pillow sham, I think it'll go with the tan bedspread nicely. What do you think?
We also got this buffet to put in our kitchen (which the hubs is currently assembling, major hammering happening in the living room). Since we're running out of cabinet and counter space for our new swag, this will allow us additional storage and counter space. And I plan on stacking up my cooking books on the shelves. So excited! We also got the curtains hung in the study and the other furniture moved back in.After our trip, we feasted on curried chicken which I cooked in our crockpot while we were out shopping. After dinner I made an Academy run to get stuff for swimming. I'm going to start swimming laps on my lunch break with my coworkers 2x a week so I needed a new workout swimsuit, goggles, and a cap (dorky, yes, but I can't do my damn hair 2x a day). I was tempted to buy the Michael Phelps USA swim cap to be funny, but I figure I should focus on not drowning before I try adding comedy to my workout. Finally, Saturday night, Petey and I went over to bring Christine a diet cherry limeade from Sonic and hang out/give Darryl alone time.
Sunday
I totally scrapped my plans of having another super productive day and slept in then went to an early lunch with D at a Greek place nearby. We went to Crate & Barrel and finished off our registry, got all our dishes and silverware and ordered my stand mixer! I know it sounds bizarre, but I am planning on doing a lot of mixing as soon as that bad boy comes in. Sadly, it was on backorder.
One of the registry items we did pick up was this gem (see below):

It's like a mood ring for your wine bottles, helping you to figure out if your wine is at the optimal temperature, love it.
After that I treated myself to a pedicure since my feet were looking pretty scary. I'm not one to pamper myself this way too often, but lately Darryl has made some comments on the heinous condition of my feet and my callouses so I'm trying to go a little more often than, say, four times a year.
Afterwards D made me a Nalgene of frozen sugar free margarita and we met up with friends to grill and hang out by the pool. Afterwards, I went to the grocery store and returned to find a glass pane missing from our fire place door. Darryl had been flailing his hand around in an effort to get his wedding ring off for his buffet construction project, and the ring went flying into the fireplace door, shattering the glass. ::sigh:: And he thinks we can't just replace the glass pane and all the ones I saw online cost over $300 for a new set of doors. Another weekend project I guess, the look was a little outdated and they were hard to open and close, so I guess it's not a total waste.
That's all I've got for now, have a great week!

3 comments:

Miss M! said...

That was a full and very busy weekend! Curried chicken in the crockpot sounds great - could you maybe share the recipe please?

Jane said...

I think you might have gotten more done in one weekend than I have gotten done in the last week. And I am not even working! :)

Jenny.Lee said...

Very productive weekend! Nice!