Sunday, February 28, 2010

Monthly Goals

Okay it's been ages since I've done this but I'm feeling inspired, so here we go.

  1. Sign up for the Cap 10k.  It's hard to motivate myself right now, but I found myself driving by Town Lake yesterday, wishing I was out there running.  I'm going to try and run 3x a week, one of which being an outdoor run.  I also plan on keeping yoga as my regular Monday night workout.  Monday's are rough and I've been told that running can reduce your overall flexibility, so I think it'll be beneficial.
  2. I'm going to get a bike and start training for a triathlon with Darryl at the end of May.  Assuming he comes back from his ski trip in one piece.  I'm not doing this crap alone.
  3. I'm going to give up drinking except for special, pre-determined occasions (girl's night, BBQ cookoff, Alelympics) that are already written into my calendar.  I think I'm just tired of alcohol, it has a lot of empty calories, and if I'm going to get all my runs in, I'm going to need to not be hungover.  I think it's good to give your body a break sometimes. 
  4. I am going to finish the gallery wall in our living room.
  5. I will enjoy the beginning of spring to the fullest.

3 comments:

The Waspy Redhead said...

I'm thinking of signing up for the Capital 10K, but I would probably want to do a run/walk combo. If that interests you, let me know and we can do it together!

Lauren said...

I just started training for the SA half marathon in Nov. Good luck with your running!

Vic said...

Great goals! See ya at Cap 10k :)