Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Getting My Groove Back

For the past 6 months or so I have had zero workout mojo.  I came to a point on my business trip to Denver a few weeks ago where I became totally grossed out with my eating, alcohol consumption, sedentary lifestyle and more than anything, stuffing my jiggly body into Spanx every five minutes. 

So far, I consider myself back on track for a total of one week.  One day at a time, one foot in front of the other.  I'm back on Weight Watchers and am really enjoying the new Points Plus program!  It really benefits those who want to build muscle and have energy to workout regularly.  And the points are really generous, I find that I struggle to use all my points each day and am really racking up the activity points!

I'm back in the saddle with exercise.  My goal is to workout 4 days a week and attend yoga one day a week.  One day lower body lifting, one day upper body lifting and two days of cardio.  I've forgotten how good cardio feels.  I hit the trail down at Town Lake for a run this weekend and swam a mile in the pool a couple weeks ago.  I'm also planning on checking out Zumba this week. 

I know it'll take 4 or 5 more weeks to see results, but I'm looking forward to feeling better.  AND I've been doing the 200 sit-up training program.

I'm fairly curious how my abs will look at the end of this 6 week program.  All the trainers I've worked with have stressed how critical it is to cut carbs for a toned mid-section, but I just don't buy it.  If you're eating the right kind of carbs and have a diet low in fat, you need those whole grains for energy.  I've never bought into the no carb lifestyle, it's not realistic.  We'll see where a sensible diet and a little sweat get me.  I might even take a before and after picture.....but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  What are you doing to get ready for summer?

1 comment:

Surviving Suburbia said...

Zumba ... Well I laugh off calories for sure in that class. Some people take it Very serious, with outfits and all! What gym?