Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dinner This Week


Tonight I made a Char Siu pork roast in the crock pot and served it over brown rice with a side of green beans. The roast was a huge hit, with our portions, I probably came in around 650 calories. Not bad considering all I had the rest of the day were a rice cake and a frozen dinner.

I skipped the gym, too damn cold and I'm pretty sore from my 2 hour workout yesterday, and made some healthy oatmeal, walnut, raspberry, applesauce muffins. I boldly tread in the realm of baking with reckless abandon, pretty much making up the recipe as I went, which is usually fatal to the extremely precise art of baking. However, I prevailed, great success.


Tomorrow I'm making some crunchy shrimp with cousous and a ginger orange sauce with a side of broccolini (around 400 calories). In other news, my effing dogs ATE my entire head of cauliflower from my garden, then uprooted the plant, then proceeded to fart all day Saturday. I guess I'll never know what home grown cauliflower tastes like until next year....

Friday I am making crunchy ranch chicken with a side of mashed potatoes. My strategy is to do all my grocery shopping on the weekend, only try to cook 3-4 meals a week, and try and do 1 crockpot meal a week and keep my other meals' prep to around 30 minutes of actively working on the food. Anyways, off to track down a rice cooker...

5 comments:

Milltini said...

Yum! Looks delicious!

Jenny.Lee said...

That shrimp looks so yum! Yes I love the rice cooker! It's really easy to use.

Reese Lauren Bailey said...

I MUST start getting these recipes! I'm getting a little bored and my cooking mag subscriptions just ran out. :o(

Grosgrain Bride said...

The shrimp looks fantastic! Yum!!

hiero said...

hmm, sounds like you really need that rice cooker of mine ;) makes brown rice badassss