Monday, January 19, 2009

Habeas Start Date!

I threw in some Latin in the blog title just to make sure you're paying attention. I spoke with my new job, they actually want me to start on Wednesday since they just moved and are in total chaos-ville. So this means I have one final day of freedom, which gloriously falls on my b-day, so what am I doing? I just cracked open a bottle of prosecco and am enjoying some pecan praline truffles (don't judge, I spent 1.5 hours at the gym and it's my birthday), saluting my last 24 hours as a lady of leisure. It has been a sweet last 6 weeks, and the beauty of it was with my severance package, it was almost all fully paid. Part of me is excited, part of me fears returning to the grind of not getting to see my fiance and dogs because I'm out with a drilling rig or working on days such as Memorial Day or the 4th of July. The other part of me is excited because I have a clean slate, a few years of experience under my belt, and a diminished sense of burn out due to my time off. I will keep you posted as I go, fingers crossed that I get a real office instead of a cube (doubtful). For now, it is just me and my glass of sparkling wine, at 4 PM on a Monday afternoon. :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you (and Petey and your prosecco) have a simply lovely day!!!