Wednesday, January 7, 2009

May God Have Mercy on My Poor Broken Body

Today I did a work out I devised and have lovingly named "The Punisher". First I did a BodyPump class, then I ran for 30 minutes, then I did a 30 minute interval program on the elliptical. Now I am having a hard time moving. Oh God, I feel terrible. One thing making me feel less terrible is my delicious enchilada casserole I cooked for dinner last night that comes in at around 400 calories per serving.

Ingredients


1 HEB Rotisserie chicken-Honey Jalapeno flavor-meat picked off bones (no skin)
18 corn tortillas, medium
3 cups spicy enchilada sauce
5 cups 2% colby and monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 cup onions, sauteed in frying pan with a bit of olive oil to soften
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix shredded chicken, sauteed onion, and black beans in a bowl.
Spray a 13x9" pan with cooking spray.
Dip tortillas in the enchilada sauce one at a time, making sure they are completely covered with sauce.
Layer covered tortillas in the bottom of the pan, it should take six.
Add a layer of 1/2 the chicken mixture & 1/3 of the cheese.
Add a another layer of the tortillas dipped in sauce.
Press down gently all over the pan.
Add the remaining chicken, onion and cheese mixture.
Add remaining layer of tortillas dipped in sauce & press down gently again all over the pan.
Add the remaining cheese on the top.
Bake for 30-45 minutes, until cheese is bubbly, starting to brown and the casserole is hot all the way through.

2 comments:

Kate said...

ummm YUM! Bookmarking this for sure!

Kate said...

just the hummus alone - delish!