Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Run For the Border!


For a long time, one of my biggest guilty pleasures has been a late night run to Taco Bell and then chowing down on a crunchwrap supreme in bed. That's right, in bed, they say you should never eat in bed, which is what makes it feel all the more naughty and decadent. I always immediately regret it, especially when I roll over into a puddle of sour cream and obviously, this is a carry over from my life as a single gal since Darryl finds it disgusting.
I got this recipe from HungryGirl.com, one of my fav websites, you should totally check it out. I changed it up a bit, for the real deal go to her site and search for "crunchwrap supreme".

Ingredients:
1 large tortilla, try to find one that is low carb, low fat, high fiber
3 baked corn tortilla chips
1/4 cup drained 98% fat-free chunk white chicken breast (previously packed in water)
1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 plum tomato from our garden, diced
1 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
1/2 tsp. dry Taco Bell brand seasoning mix
2 dashes cayenne pepper, or more to taste

Directions:
Using a fork or knife, break up the chicken so there are no large chunks. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chicken, cheese, taco seasoning mix, and cayenne pepper, and mix well. If you like, season to taste with extra cayenne pepper. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until cheese begins to melt. Set aside.Warm the tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds (making it easier to fold without ripping), and then lay it out on a flat surface. Place the chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla. Flatten the mixture into a circle, keeping it about 2 inches from the outer edge of the tortilla. Next, layer the tortilla chips on top of the chicken mixture. Evenly top with sour cream, lettuce, and tomato.

FOLDING INSTRUCTIONS: Starting at the bottom of the tortilla, fold edge up a few inches to the tortilla's center. Then, going around the edge of the tortilla, repeatedly fold, overlapping sections to meet in the center for a total of about six folds, until filling is completely enclosed. (Trust us, it's easy!)Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat, and carefully place the folded tortilla in the center of the pan with the folded side down. Heat for 4 - 5 minutes, until the tortilla is browned. Carefully flip it with a spatula, and heat for another 30 - 60 seconds. Now chew it up!

MAKES 1 SERVING
Serving Size: 1 Crunchtastic Supreme (entire recipe)Calories: 210Fat: 4.5gSodium: 882mgCarbs: 27.5gFiber: 13gSugars: 2.5gProtein: 26gPOINTS® value 4*

*That's if you make it HG style, she used a type of tortilla I couldn't find. The real version comes in at over 500 calories and around 12 pts and I was STUFFED after my version, I can usually chase the TB version with a crunchy taco. I also served it with baked tortilla chips and Ana's Salsa which you can find in the refrigerated produce section at HEB. Best. salsa. ever.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I've had a bit too much wine tonight to fully read your recipe but I thought to star it so that next time I'm a bottle (or two) into the evening I can make us some TACO BELL! YUMMY!