Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Recap



After a less than desirable return trip home (the airplane broke down so I didn't get home on Friday until 8 PM), I finally touched Austin soil. During my furlough at Bush Intercontinental in Houston, I wandered into l'Occitane in Terminal E and bought myself a couple of treats, honey and lemon lip gloss and a small hand cream for my purse. So now when things get craptastic, I open my purse and apply these babies and things suddenly become more tolerable.

Once I got home D and I went to Origami in Round Rock for sushi. We took the Central Market sushi class from the chef there this winter and everything we ordered was phenomenal. I especially liked the volcano roll (so spicy!) and the hamachi nigiri, it melted in our mouths.

Saturday I had a meltdown of sorts, I was just very overwhelmed with all I needed to accomplish this weekend, there were tears. But we managed to pick up the last of our silverware from Crate & Barrel, setup an iPhone appointment at the Apple store, have lunch at the Steeping Room, clean the house, get my car washed, make the grocery list and go grocery shopping, and get a pedicure. Darryl was very helpful around the house, mostly because he was adamant that I stop crying.

Sunday I drove up to see my friend and MOH Marion to have lunch with her and then celebrate her baby shower. We went to Taverna in Ft. Worth and I had the BEST wheat spaghetti and turkey meatballs with $5 bottomless bellinis and mimosas! Can't wait to go again in Austin!

The weekend got off to a shaky start, but all in all, it was pretty good, can't wait for the 4 day work week!

1 comment:

Jenny.Lee said...

Have a great week!