Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cannoli Cupcakes

In preparation for a dinner soiree tomorrow night, I made a batch of cannoli cupcakes. I took Pillsbury reduced sugar white cake mix, added half a cup of mini chocolate chips, and made the recipe using 4 egg whites instead of 3 eggs and 1/3 cup of applesauce instead of the same quantity of oil. I'm letting them cool overnight and tomorrow after work I'll frost them. Here's my plan:

-15 oz fat free ricotta
-1 package fat free cream cheese
-3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-dash orange liquor

Beat with electric mixer, frost cupcakes, top with some chopped pistachios or a few leftover mini chocolate chips. So far, so good, one of the cupcakes fell apart as I was pulling it out of the tin and I decided to have a couple bites, then throw it away. Well, that didn't really happen, I ended up cramming (and I do mean cramming, chunks of it were flying everywhere) it into my face (not so much my mouth as my whole face). So I guess they're pretty dang good, even without the frosting. I'm not completely sure of this, but I'm thinking these will run around 4-5 points each frosted. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be avoiding carbs for the next month (cupcake cramming was preceded by Greek pasta salad and followed by bacon crackers, it's like I'm trying to grow a pooch, ugh).

3 comments:

Christine said...

I can not wait to try these! Whoo Who!

Kelly said...

Those cupcakes sound awesome!

Janet said...

Yummm!! Nice dessert choice :-)