Monday, October 19, 2009

Confession Monday

Maybe it's just me, but as a child, I found Where the Wild Things Are to be effin' S-C-A-R-Y. I was like, hey little boy, maybe you're a badly behaved little turd and deserve to get eaten by monsters. And where do you get off claiming that you're a king? Seriously. You deserve to be eaten. Hard.

Now, I thought it was just me that had this strong aversion to this story, but one day the hubs and I were sitting on the couch and they were showing a commercial for the movie and he turns to me and says, "I didn't like that movie as a kid, it frightened me." It was the first time I'd heard another human being admit to not liking that book, I was like THANK YOU! That is why I married him. And that is why we will never read that book to our children.

1 comment:

hiero said...

saw the movie! awesome! definitely not for kids though and could totally be scary