Thursday, March 25, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Above, my crazy diagramming of my garden plans.  Drawn to scale, more or less.




Darryl replacing the 30+ year old garden timbers in the yard, he did ALL of them.  We have garden timbers like whoah.
And today I braved the 1:15 hour drive through Austin traffic to the Natural Gardner to pick up cottonseed meal, Early Girl and Celebrity tomatoes, cherry tomoatoes, basil, and sweet bell pepper plants.  Of course, I couldn't find most of the herbs I was looking for and I forgot my seaweed spray, but I can always go back and get that stuff at a later date.  Now I just have to wait for the corn and flower seeds I ordered from Burpee.  This year I want to focus on mastering tomatoes and corn.  Tomorrow we turn over the soil after work!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Wow! I was going to try to guilt you into HH last night, I didn't realize what a garden-operation ya'll got goin', nice!

mujerboricua said...

What a fun and great idea! Glad you took one for the team and America by drinking the non-light beer. The terrorists lose!