Sunday, October 17, 2010

You Gotta Know When to Hold Em, No When to Fold Em...

After a night on the town we rallied to watch the Longhorns take on their arch rivals, the OU Sooners. It was a rough day all around. The hangovers were harsh and widespread and the game was brutal. We ended up watching the game in our suite, it was nice and big so there was plenty of seating and booze for those who were more stable than others. I went down to the Pizza Hut in the first half of the game, having finally loaded up on Tylenol and a nice long shower. I wished the girl ringing me up a good morning and she responded with, "It's 1:30 ma'am, it's not morning." Ef you Pizza Hut girl, we're in Vegas, I was up until 5 AM the night before drinking and eating a $43 pizza (yes, there was a shenanigan where in our drunken state we felt like it was appropriate to order a pizza from room service. Not the most sound financial decision, but it was a tasty one). So as I mentioned, some of us were in better shape than others, so after the game we split up while one couple rested and spent time at the gaming tables we went over to the Strip to check out the new City Center hotel and casino.

Here are some photos from City Center, it was very impressive. After some site seeing we went back to the hotel to dress for dinner. All of the couples had separate dinners planned Saturday night. Darryl and I chose Emeril's New Orleans Fish House. It was exciting for me because the appetizer we ordered were Emeril's New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp. I made his recipe the first time I cooked for Darryl's parents. Apparently I still have some practicing to do, my version is good but wasn't quite the same. We walked around the MGM Grand for a while and then met up with the rest of the gang to watch the fountains at the Bellagio. We spent the night walking the strip, checking out the casinos, and watching the free attractions like the fountains and the volcano at the Mirage. After a robust trek, we called it a night and went back to the Hilton. Everyone else stayed up and gambled but I turned in before 2 AM, guess Vegas was finally starting to wear me out.

No comments: