Monday, April 11, 2011

A Southern Low Cal Meal

Yummy lettuce, parsley, and green onions from my garden.




Not sure why this photo loaded sideways, but you get the idea....



On my fabulous, tender, organically grown lettuce from my garden, I made homemade spicy ranch dressing.  Low fat of course.  It's really easy, just buy the packet from the grocery store and mix it up but use fat free mayo and 1% milk.  It tastes SO MUCH BETTER than any fat free or low fat ranch you can buy in a bottle at the store. 

The other bowl has crawfish etouffee served over brown rice.  I made an adaptation on Emeril's recipe.  The main changes I made was I only used 2 tablespoons of butter instead of an entire stick and I added an extra tablespoon of flour to thicken it.  And instead of adding water, I added chicken stock and seasoned the whole thing up with Tony Chachere's seasoning.  Darryl said he couldn't even tell the difference with the missing butter.  Added it all up and it only came out to 5 WW points!  WIN!  Also, whenever I make etouffee, something happens to the leftovers in the fridge overnight that makes it so much better the next day.  Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow!

No comments: